So I don’t usually like putting these on my blog but it’d be a nice way to start putting more of myself on here
so here we go
1. I’ve been to three conventions in my life: LeakyCon 2011 [Harry Potter], VidCon 2012 [YouTube], and a Star Wars Convention in 2008. All three were great. The communities at conventions are incredible.
2. I grew up in Texas, which has been a surprisingly important part of my identity. It’s lent me strange points of pride: my brother has taken a bb gun into our backyard before to try and scare off destructive raccoons; I can do a pretty good West Texas accent; I said the Texas pledge as well as the American pledge every day at school.
3. I played the oboe for eight or so years before setting it down to pursue other things.
4. Whenever I’m home I carry pepper spray.
5. Rumo and his Miraculous Adventures is my favorite book of all time. It’s incredibly creative and the action scenes are absolutely fabulous. Five stars, would recommend.
6. I currently run this Tumblr (NSFW) for the Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health, where I interned this last semester. I’m gonna have to relinquish the reigns soon, though, and that makes me sad. But I’m so grateful to have gotten the chance to manage it at all.
7. I can seriously go on and on about how important online communities are, particularly for sex education.
8. I have two plushie squids in my room, both of which were made by my friends and given to me as birthday gifts. One also functions as a hat.
9. I made and wore a gold mockingjay pin costume to the premiere of the Hunger Games movie. I recognize I looked sort of ridiculous, but, y’know. I had fun.
10. My childhood cat was named Stripper (pronounced stripe-ur). One of my AIM URLs at the time was StripperLover13. The pun was intentional. I thought it made me sound cool.